Thursday, March 7, 2013

Project 52 - Week 10/52

Do you ever have an idea for a shoot that doesn't work out only to have what you do instead be better? That is what happened for me this weekend. In the past couple weeks a bunch of the local photographers I follow were doing shoots at the Pike Place Market. I was inspired and wanted to give it a try. However it was the first sunny day in a while and all of Seattle was out and about. We have to soak it up when we can! Parking was atrocious and frustrating so we had to regroup. We had some lunch and then I remembered wanting to go to the Olympic Sculpture Park a month or so ago. We headed in that direction and were blessed with a parking spot right next to the park. It is such a lovely place that mixes the natural beauty and the artwork gorgeously. The light was stunning and the shapes of the sculptures provided beautiful subjects for photos. The pieces below are the ones I was drawn to, but the park is filled with many others. You can read more about the artwork and the different environments that represent the environmental diversity of the state here. I didn't expect to enjoy the park as much as I did, but now I would love to go back and see more of the pieces. Pike Place Market is still on my list, but I feel like it was meant to not work out this time. The best laid plans...

"The Eagle"
Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/320, f/22

"Seattle Cloud Cover"
Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/320, f/22

"Love & Loss"
Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/500, f/16

"Schubert Sonata"
Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/400, f/16

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/200, f/16
"You have to create your life. You have to carve it, like a sculpture." - William Shatner

   the long road  Weekly Top Shot     Ni Hao Yall 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It looks like a Calder in the first shot - love his sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing!! Love your work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice captures and love the quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #73!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the one with the reflection on the building. The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures--amazing! Great perspectives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.