Monday, February 25, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #67 2.26.13

Michaela at Mila's World of Color
There is something magical about the sun setting behind the branches. The colors are stunning! Thank you for sharing Michaela.

Rebecca at The Dusty Cellar
I love the depth of field and the way this looks like a Tilt and Shift photo. Thank you for sharing Rebecca!

Meghana at My Little World of Fantasy
Amazing light, beautiful composition and the bird make a gorgeous photo! Thank you for linking up Meghana!


Michaela, Rebecca and Meghana please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

I had a break from teaching and spent some of it in my most favorite place on earth - the Oregon Coast. I mention it over and over here on the blog, my love for the beach is something that has become a part of who I am. If I could spend every day on the beach I would. Instead I soak up all of it I can get whenever I am lucky enough to be there. I was editing photos on Sunday while watching Super Soul Sunday on OWN. Oprah was interviewing Nate Berkus about his experiences with the tsunami in Thailand. At the end, he mentioned that the beach is still his sacred space even with his experiences. The beach and ocean are my sacred spaces as well. The photo below was taken from an overlook on Highway 101 looking at the Heceta Head Lighthouse. I can hear the waves crashing as I look at this photo and remember the feeling of being there. I could not agree more with the quote below...I really do find myself again and again when I go to the ocean. Where is your sacred space?

Settings: ISO 800, 100mm, ss1/5000, f/7.1
"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again." - Joseph Campbell

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  Inspired Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful features and collection, thank you for the fun party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful picture ... I love also ocean, water, lakes, rivers ... My favorite place is where I can see an hear the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful... it is nice to join in this meme again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many shots of that same lighthouse - we used to drive up and down the coast to visit my cousins in Newport. Now we are in Bellingham, Wa and don't get down that way anymore - but I love my photos of the lighthouse. They say it is the most photographed lighthouse on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful image! Makes me want to visit the ocean.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.