Monday, February 18, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #66 2.19.13

It took a little longer than usual to get this post up, but I am at the beach listening to the waves crash. It is a bit distracting, in the best way!

DesiraeR at Sommerfugl Designs
The feeling of this photo is whimiscial and a bit magical. I love how the color palette brings the colors in the photo to life. Thank you for sharing Desirae!

I love the softness of the black and white tones and the blurred background and texture focuses your eye where it should be - the bride and groom. Thank you for linking up Jenn!

Simply adorable! Is there anything else to say about a baby goat in a sweater? Thank you for sharing Tayet!

Desirae, Jenn and Tayet please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

Over the weekend my family and I went snowshoeing. It was my first time and oh my was it a workout! We went to the top of Blewett Pass in the Wenatchee National Forest and hiked along the ridge with amazing views of the Enchantments. My brother and I ended up hiking 6 miles total. I did half with the snowshoes and half without. I feel very accomplished and very sore. It was my first time taking my camera along on a long hike. I feel like the photos took such an effort to get and only add to my sense of accomplishment. I also used the Zone System which made the editing fairly easy. I will be sharing more on Thursday!

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/640, f/16
"Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily, visiting the natural world." - Catlin Matthews

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  Inspired Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. thanks for hosting. Hop over to my blog and link up your blog button.

    http://repurposemylife.com/blog-love/

    ReplyDelete

  2. Beautiful collection, thanks for sharing and hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi, Emily! A seleção está fantástica, impossível dizer qual é mais agradável! Um abraço!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos, and I especially liked the first one.
    Have fun at the beach!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.